membrane time constant
Common definition: Time constant for the membrane to repolarize after a small current injection of fixed amplitude and duration
Electrophysiological values of membrane time constant across neuron types from literature:
- Values corrected for differences in units, but are otherwise unchanged. Refer to individual articles for specific definitions and calculation methodologies.
- Blue dots = text-mined values human curated; Orange dots = text-mined values not human curated
- Mouse over neuron report data points and click to view corresponding publication
- Click on neuron name axis labels (e.g. Dentate gyrus granule cell) to view corresponding neuron page
- Zoom in on a section of plot by dragging cursor. Zoom out by double clicking on plot.